Saturday, June 3, 2017

Home Again and Shooting Wildflowers




Home Again and Shooting Wildflowers

June 3, 2016


The wildflowers are blooming late this year because we had record snow taking much longer to melt off and expose the ground.  Not all of the early season flowers are great specimens, but it is fun to find and photograph them.  Here is what I have so far.


Alpine Forget-me-nots


Arrowleaf Balsamroot


Ballhead Waterleaf





Baneberry


Clematis


Desert Parsley


False Solomon's Seal 


Heartleaf Arnica


 Mountain Dandelion




Redosier Dogwood 




Sticky Geranium




Western Serviceberry


Wild Strawberry


 Woodland Star


Yellow Monkey Flower



The next two flowers I couldn't identify until Glen Buschmann gave me some clues in a comment on this post.

Nuttall's Rockcress


Common Hounds Tongue


The next flower I can't identify.  If you can, please let me know.  




1 comment:

  1. Irene, of your mystery plants, two of them look like mustard family and one looks like borage family, but can't be more specific for now.
    Glen B

    ReplyDelete