Monday, April 17, 2017

Packing to go

It's April 2017 & we're on the road again! 

Off to Jordan, Israel and Palestine. And Ireland (Irene only).  

Moe is all packed and awaiting take-off. Irene is freaking out. (Irene) Today, after 6 weeks of worrying, I dumped my laundry basket on the floor and raided my drawer of summer clothes. It's 101degrees in Eilat, Israel and 43 degrees in Dingle, Ireland. WHAT TO PACK?? Heavy wool socks to wear with my sandals? A gossamer shear top under a down parka? 

Sanity (and time pressure) prevailed: I realized that essentially all that is needed to go abroad is a Passport, apple, chocolate and coffee. AND some money.  Check!

Actually one can travel the world with a pair of jeans, two shirts, a toothbrush, a jacket, a windbreaker and an Irish dictionary.  "No underwear?" Moe asks. I can get all this in my carry-on (minus the chair....)


 So why do I need all this other stuff?

We are starting off gently with a short stop to visit daughter Rosie and husband Patrick in Boston. Plus more family and friends. Stay tuned!




No comments:

Post a Comment